2.13.2011

An Angel from Heaven

Just a quick update of my life. If you’ve read my recent posts, you’ll remember me talking about quitting my job and following my dreams. Well, I have to say, it’s been one of the best things I could have thought of doing. I worked really hard to create an original and impressive résumé, with the help of a great writer and friend. After my last day at work, I took one week to organize my thoughts, expectations, and life in general. I took time to write, have fun with my friends, be with myself and of course run all the errands I had put off. The week really flew by fast and in a blink of an eye THE Monday to hand out resumes had arrived. Pum pum pum…Thankfully, during that previous week I had already made a list of all the emails I would send it and all the places I would personally go. So I woke up bright and early, sent the emails first and set out to impress. This was it, the make it or break it moment had come. I looked down at my list. I had 5 places to visit so I set out with my fingers crossed.

Fast forwarding, I handed out the first three without much luck. You know, when you give it to someone and that someone gives it to someone else and that’s it. Well, that WAS it. Less than five minutes in each place. “Oh man”, I thought, “what if no one calls me?”. I looked at my list again, only two places left. Again, with my head held high, I continued. This time when I got there, something happened. I handed it over to a woman who was sitting outside talking to someone else. She looked at it and said, “follow me”. She took me inside, introduced me to everyone and said, “we have a meeting right now and we are going to discuss this. We’ll call you after to schedule an interview”.

And that was it. They called, I went, and have been going ever since. It was almost like fate. Just as I was starting to lose hope, an angel was sitting outside waiting for me. They took me in almost like a family takes in an orphan.

After a week there, the woman told me, “you know, that same day that you came in I had just been saying how we needed an extra hand. How I couldn’t deal with the stress because we had too much work. I had gone outside to smoke a cigarette to calm my nerves and suddenly there you were walking towards me asking for a job. Like an angel answering my prayer”…I couldn’t believe my ears. She had thought of me the same way I had thought of her.

Coincidence or fate, I’m glad I followed my heart and took the risk. Taking chances, believing in yourself and fighting for what you want is what I learned with this adventure.

Have a good one guys! We all deserve it.

BTW sometimes I do wonder if I had been her answer or if she had been mine… Either way, I know I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be right now.